Funding to advance promising technologies
University technologies are usually early-stage and require significant additional development and investment prior to generating revenue. Access to capital plays a major role in the success of maturing these technologies. Ohio State has developed a full funding continuum to support inventors in the development of concepts from early stage to end product or company. This funding continuum supports our researchers and entrepreneurs through the commercialization process and reduces risk for those interested in investing in or licensing these technologies.
- Lead Applicant: Ohio State inventors and creators
- Fund Manager: independent selection committee
- Eligibility: technology is based on an invention disclosure filed with the Ohio State technology commercialization and has the potential for becoming the basis of a startup company
- Funding: up to $150,000
- Type of Security: grant
- Learn more about the Accelerator Awards, which is facilitated through the Keenan Center for Entrepreneurship.
- Lead Applicant: Company
- Fund Manager: 12 Federal agencies, including NIH, NSF, DOD, DOE
- Eligibility: U.S. owned and operated for-profit company with less than 500 employees
- Funding: Phase I $150,000-$225,000 over 6-12 months; Phase II up to $1 million over 2 years
- Type of Security: Grant or contract
- Learn more about the process and key requirements from the National Science Foundation or the National Institutes of Health.
Staff Assistant, Technology Commercialization
Business Operations Consultant
Invention Compliance Officer
Senior Analyst, Business Operations
FinTech @ Ohio State and Beyond conference takes place Oct. 27-28
September 30, 2021
Ohio State will offer the first in a university-wide effort to boost the regions’ Fintech ecosystem. Through a generous gift from Fintech71, the FinTech @ Ohio St...
Accelerator Award pre-proposals for Fall 2021 cycle due Oct. 4
August 20, 2021
Applicants may request a total award of up to $100,000 and life science applicants can request up to $150,000 to support external validation and de-risking activi...